Additional Material and Information on the DVD:
The book includes a DVD with the Atlas of the Human Brain in electronic format,
lots of additional material and a web-based user interface easy accessible with
any modern browser.
- E-book. The full book content in pdf-format.
- MRI-Navigator. 3D visualisation of MR images. It allows the identification of each point of a brain in orthogonal planes.
- BrainNavigator 3D navigation through the detailed coronal atlas in PART 2 (Java program). It allows easy browsing of images and plates while navigating through the Detailed Atlas of the Human Brain. The software also provides the neuroimaging community the opportunity to dial in the coordinates of their activation focus and find out what area of the brain the activation occurs in the Atlas of the Human Brain.
- Literature. All relevant literature referring to the represented brain in full text (pdf).
- Additional photographs and x-rays of anatomical sections.
Requirements for the DVD:
Brain in the Head – The macroscopic section
The sagittal, the coronal, the horizontal atlas and radiographs to each section.
Literature and Detailed Brain Atlas
3-d visualization of MR images. Triplanar images: sagittal, coronal and horizontal views; the reticule indicating a common target voxel.
Tryout the MR-Navigator here
(read more in section MRI|MR-Navigator on this site)
Entry to the BrainNavigator (Java-applet / demo).
The applet version of the BN is a demo but runs inside the browser.
Tryout the BrainNavigator applet here
(read more in section Brain|Locator on this site)
Screenshot from the BrainNavigator (Java-program, full version from the DVD)
showing the orthogonal arrangement of the microscopical sections.
The BrainNavigator must be installed separately from the DVD and doesn’t run inside the browser but provides advanced functionality and speed.
(See also section Brain|BrainNavigator on this site)